Grazie Italia - Thank You Italy

Being a travel lover I was deciding on which should be the next country to explore. My boyfriend mentioned Italy to me and I instantly said Italy it is!

We spent the first few days of our vacation in Rome and visited the famous Trevi fountain on Day 1 followed by the Colosseum. Day 2 was spent at the Vatican City which is actually known as the smallest country in the world. The Vatican Museum is incredibly rich in history and reflects rich ancient art and culture. My favourite part however was the Sistine Chapel and the Basilica of St. Peter. The Vatican City looks even more beautiful during the night with all the lights on, and the energy around the place is full of positive vibes making everything so serene.

While in Rome though not part of our plan, we accidentally came across the Spanish Square and the Spanish steps which we got to know are the widest steps in Europe. This is exactly why I love travel, it brings unexpected things your way and you are delighted at how amazing they simply are. 

The next two days were in Florence, which is simple yet full of art museums and Tuscan wines are very famous here. We the traveled to Pisa from Florence to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa. The tower is located in the square of miracles proclaimed as a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1987. This place is breath taking and beautiful. It is now even more special to me as my boyfriend proposed me to marry him. I guess you can say, he did the kneeling at the Leaning Tower of Pisa ;-)

We then took the train to Venice. Venice is simply amazing! It has a collection of islands and hence water transport is inevitable here. We thoroughly enjoyed using the waterways to get to some of the famous spots in Venice like the St. Marks Square, where we saw the Basilica of St. Mark which has amazing art work on it. When in Venice you cant miss on the romantic Gondola rides which are a must do for a lovely experience. My fiance and I enjoyed the scenic beauty of the waters of the grand canal while on the Gondola and the romantic scenery is very captivating. Gondola with my man was on my bucket list and now I can say its been proudly ticked off it.

We were also able to enjoy the Venice Carnival here and the night aqua show was a spectacular display of the vibrant place that Venice is. I wish we had more time to explore the other villages in Venice like Murano, Burano and the famous Lido island. Saying Goodbye to Venice was not easy at all. That perhaps says how much I loved it. 

To sum up, the whole Italy vacation has been everything we imagined: mind blowing art, culture rich museums, great landscape with scenic mountains, water bodies not to miss the beautiful fountains and most of all amazingly tasty food and wines. If given a choice I could live in Italy for only the food. The to die for pizzas besides the pastas, risottos and Gelato. I am truly grateful for this experience and it is definitely a holiday I will cherish all my life. Until the next country I visit I can truly say Italy is among my top favourites for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris, Je t'aime!

From West to East..

The Most Powerful Weapon of Man