Dubai - The Pearl of the East


I was able to connect with Dubai instantly as it has so much to offer. Though the temperatures were around 40-45 Degrees when I was there in June, and I could feel the heat the moment I was out on the streets, but the flamboyant nature of the place made me forget all that.


The view of the awesome luxury cars speeding on the smooth serpentine roads is mesmerizing. It is a treat for any car lover to drive on those roads as they are in immaculate condition.

A popular place to visit while in Dubai is the Dubai Mall. With the variety of options available on goods such as cosmetics, clothes, accessories, shoes, etc., it is a heaven for shoppers. It also has some of the best restaurants, cafe and dessert shops to satisfy the cravings of any food enthusiast. The awesome Burj Khalifa is also situated in the immediate vicinity. This attracts all the people to this place, and it is crowded most of the time. The other attractions in Dubai are the Dubai Museum that depicts the ancient and traditional lifestyle of the residents of Dubai, and the Gold Souk in Dubai which is market where Gold is sold and everything that glitters there is definitely Gold!! Dubai has exorbitant hotels but also has beautiful clean beaches and the Jumeirah beach in Dubai is definitely worth a mention.

Though I loved everything about Dubai, being an adventure lover the Desert Safari is something that blew my mind. Be it riding the ATV or the crazy drives in the 4x4 SUV that take you along the slopes of the sand dunes at amazing speeds. The thrill gives you an unexplainable adrenaline rush as the vehicle just glides along the smooth sand. 




The Desert Safari concludes with an amazing spread of Arabic dinner in warm tents and fire acts and dances by various artists, which is a delight to watch. The one part I missed while I was in Dubai is the belly dancing act and the nightlife. During the holy month of Ramadan, such activities are stopped and my visit to Dubai unfortunately coincided with that but I will make it a point to visit it soon again to experience the little that I missed. 

Nonetheless, Dubai was fabulous and is definitely a must-see if you have not been there yet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris, Je t'aime!

The Most Powerful Weapon of Man

Life is too short for long hair!