This looks like a job for, Spiderwoman!



It was an usual bright Monday morning with the team in the conference room until, our receptionist Rosy rushed in. "Does anyone here not get afraid of spiders?" she asked, and there was pin-drop silence in the room. The next thing I saw was the weird and scared faces of everyone in the room. It looked as though something grave had struck our office and people were terrified of the spider.

In the midst of all that I put my hand up slowly and said am not, what's the matter? To that she replied saying, there was a spider that she saw lying on the floor near her desk and she wasn't sure if it was dead or alive. I said let's go check she was like are you sure I said yes I am and then I entered the abandoned office area where this spider lay, I examined and noticed that it was dead. Everyone was peeping through the room as if the spider would jump up any time and catch a hold of them. I finally found a piece of paper and a dustpan to dispose of the spider into the bin. Rosy kept screaming be careful it may be pretending to die and just when I was about to chuck it into the office bin she yelled saying no not in this one, what if it comes alive after some time. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at that. Anyways,I went and threw it out in one of the bins at the corridor and Rosy made sure she called the office peon and asked him to dispose of the contents of that bin into the outer one immediately. That was followed by a few more calls to the pest control office and appointments were made to get a pest control check done the following day all this since she spotted that one spider.

Finally everyone got back to what we were doing and as I entered the room my manager said, welcome our spiderwoman and said now we know whom to look for the next time we have a spider in the office. Though I gave a faint smile in my mind I was thinking, thank God to my Indian roots that I don't freak out at the sight of a spider. I've always been fascinated by the 'spider-man' movie especially because of the inverted kiss that he's known for so getting called the Spiderwoman kind of makes me feel happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris, Je t'aime!

The Most Powerful Weapon of Man

Life is too short for long hair!