If you're doing nothing then make sure you run!

As a firm believer that fitness is the key to live life to the fullest, my activities to keep fit have been varied. Be it participating in adventurous activities, trekking, going to the gym or running. I believe that any form of physical activity is essential to keep an individual fit and healthy. While gyming is something that everyone may not like due to the fact that people are not that comfortable in gym clothes or may be as it involves the use of various equipment, but running is something that is far more simpler an easier to do. All it needs is the willingness to get moving and a pair of running shoes. The benefits of attending regular runs is endless.
I've always been attending morning runs with the Pinkathon group while in Goa. It helped me realize the benefits of running and when I got to know of this enthusiastic group of park runners here in the United Kingdom, I decided to go join them and am so glad I did. The runs have been so much fun. There are times when you feel like giving up as the 5kms that is normally not that far suddenly seems to be like a distant story but running with a group always helps.

Though running alone isn't a bad idea, in my opinion, running in a group keeps you more committed and motivated. It is great to see people from all walks of life run together regardless of their age or stage in life. It is inspiring to see mothers run with their kids, there was even a lady who was running with a child in the pram and her husband cheering on from the back. The spirit of these people is so infectious that you cant help but be amazed by their zeal. I was glad that I completed my 5 kms though it took me 30 minutes to do it. At the end of the run I was physically exhausted, but i had a deep satisfaction of having completed the run. It is a great feeling to start your day with so much positive energy and inspiration that you draw from the people around you. I look forward to the run next week again and yes hope to complete it in less that 30 minutes.



I would like to conclude by saying that a start goes a long way, if you still sit at home and do nothing its time to get off that couch and run. If you don't like running, jog or you can walk but make sure you get moving and get fit and am sure at the end of it you will enjoy it so much and ask yourself why didn't you start this before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris, Je t'aime!

The Most Powerful Weapon of Man

Life is too short for long hair!